Friday, May 20, 2011

Cooking plans update

Well, what is that saying about the best laid plans?   I am trying to get us all to eat healthier, but life keeps sneaking up on me!  The work involved in eating healthy in comparison to not is an issue and making it hard for me to get it together!  I just need to do it though!  I need to get a routine and some basic things in place for sure.  My issue is that we get home from work and I need to get food on a plate for my son almost immediately when we get home.  I don't have an hour or even 30 minutes to prepare a meal for him.  I have to get him fed so that I can get his peanut dose to him and have a full 2 hours to monitor him before he goes to bed. 
So, that is my new goal....getting things prepped and ready so that I can quickly get it on a plate for him.  I tried freezing the chicken nuggets I made on Sunday....they were fantastic on Sunday, but when I prepared them after freezing, they were dried out and yucky. 
So, I am just going to have to compromise on a few things.  I am going to look for some organic convenience foods that I can feel better about serving him.  I do manage to get fruit or veggies on his plate too, so I feel better about that. 
Any recommendations on some healthy, organic foods that are easy to get on a plate and safe for a 17 month old to eat? 

No comments:

Post a Comment