Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cooking plans for the week....

I have been reading a book, The Unhealthy Truth, and am going to amp up my removal of processed foods from our diet.  So, this week, we will get back into cooking some more.  This week though, I have to get some things cooked today that I can pull out easily to feed our son during the week.  It is tough getting his dinner in as soon as we get home so that he can get his dose of peanut flour prior to bedtime.  I have to have things that I can fix in minutes.  So, rather than buy fake chicken nuggets with who knows what in them and flourescent mac and cheese, I am going to make some today and freeze them into single servings that I can easily reheat for him. 

The other goal for today is to get things ready for the week for dinners for the rest of us!  I went to the local farmers market yesterday and it was wonderful!  I bought some broccoli, onions, potatoes, ground beef, lettuce and asparagus.  So, the goal will be to use all of that this week and head back again on Saturday for more!  :) 

So, today I am making mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, chicken egg noodle casserole, and anything else I can think up!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment