Friday, April 29, 2011

Ocular Tort Surgery follow-up - one week later

So, it has been a week since my son had surgery and I am still staring at him all the time!  He is completely midline all the time now and I can hardly believe it.  I mean, he has been tilted for as long as he has been able to hold up his head and now....straight.  It is strange and exciting all in one.  I was really nervous about the surgery and anxious about the results, but seeing him now with his head held straight, it shows me that we made the right decision for him.  The tilt was kind of cute and didn't seem to bother him...now.  But, think about being a growing child and trying to play ball or run around the yard or swim with your head always tilted.  Not to mention that torticollis can cause other muscular issues and bone issues later on in life if left untreated. 
So, we will go back in 6 weeks to determine the final "result" of the surgery, but for now, we are all more than pleased and he has been healing well and doing great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment